Thursday, April 9, 2009

More exam upsides

I wrote about before how much more I enjoy the Fail Blog around exam times just because of stress and being overly tired. Marginal stress and lack of sleep this week showed me a new site that has potential for common use. www.randomyoutubeinsult.com is exactly what it says it is. Granted, most of these aren't that funny, but go through a few of them, you'll laugh and then go back for more. This was the 4th one that came up just now, "this neded mor ball kciking." How is that not hilarious? It's a combination of extreme immaturity, complete disregard for spelling, and a true statement. Homer Simpson said it best, "Barney's video had heart, but a football in the groin had a football in the groin." Another quote from the site, "i am bleeding out of my penis" I can't even imagine what that was in response to. It could be anything, and that's why it's so good.



I also like exams because after you're done, usually that Friday night, you just relax. There isn't that nagging feeling that you need to read to keep up or that sense of impending doom. You have plenty of time till the next round of exams. "I'm going to watch dumb stuff on TV and then drink myself silly tonight." It's that pleasant feeling that can only come from intense stress. It wouldn't feel nearly as good without exams. It's like that sense of relief you get after your car spins out on the ice in the middle of the road, but you don't hit anything. Without the possibility of being t-boned, it's just not that scary. Compare that to whipping doughnuts on the ice in a parking lot. Yeah, it's a lot of fun, but it'd be even more fun if you had a few random light poles out there.



You know how the internet is awesome? You could think of anything at all in life, and the internet will never let you down. This game is one of those times where the inherent greatness of the internet shine through:


You can probably read from the site the premise of the game. ("beams" refers to lasers) Also, I'm trying to come up with a sentence filled with more win. "Robot dinosaurs that shoot laser beams when they roar." Here's what I came up with:


Bigfoot breakdancing at a preschool recital.


Bodysurfing on a tsunami....of fire.


Bacon flavored shampoo, with real bits of bacon.


Seven ninjas overtaking a pirate ship, but instead of peg-legs, the pirates have chainsaws.

(Ok, I might have stolen some of that last one from Army of Darkness.)


I was talking to my friend today and hearing about her day. During the conversation I made the observation that while everyone else in my life is doing normal things (going to class, selling insurance, working for a computer company) I'm taking a chisel to a human skull. And it's totally normal. At this point there's nothing more we could do that's going to be disturbing. I just accept the fact that during the day I go to school and do things that would horrify most people. Then again, working in an office would kind of horrify me.

3 comments:

  1. Dwight Schrute lobbing proximity mines at leprechauns while building a mausoleum out of Legos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (This one is from the Onion) "Piloting a jet ski at high speeds while being fellated by Scarlett Johanssen." (It's also really only a win for guys. Or lesbians.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fully functional tank made entirely from bacon.

    ReplyDelete