Thursday, May 7, 2009

I think we ran out of Legos....

Why did we get rid of the block system? I liked putting all my stuff from a block into a folder and labeling it "Block 4" and then not having to look at it again. I felt like I was accomplishing something. Then, once we finished Phys and Micro and I made a "First Year" folder? It was awesome. This long, drawn out block 6 is starting to get to me. I feel like we're just building this tower of information that keeps getting bigger. Ya know what? Screw it. We're in block 8. I feel much better now.


Either a very confused for very hilarious med student:

Professor: The internal carotids branch and form the anterior cerebral arteries, which are connected by the anterior communicating branches. The carotids also give off the posterior communicating branches which connect to the basilar bifurcation which completes the loop.

Student: What you talkin' 'bout?



Does anyone look carefully at the diagrams in our notes? I sure do. Look at page 489 in the B&B notes. They show reflexes being taken using a CLAW HAMMER. That seems like a terrible idea. "We're gonna do a quick test of your clotting time, you might feel a little prick." *revs up chainsaw*
(I was going to do a joke about using a lightsaber to test for pupilary response, but Family Guy already did it...)


I'm pretty sure I was fighting the Robot War from The Matrix in my dream the other night. Maybe because I feel like we're getting closer to our computers thinking. Or maybe the more I learn, the more I realize that or brain is just a ridiculously ordered mess or wires. What are there, like a BILLION axons and dendrites in your brain? Who keeps them all in order? How are they not knotted? Are we going to be growing computers in the future? What's kinda funny is that I think our brains are already becoming sentient. Washington had a brain for his heart and he helped found an entire nation....
(I watch this video all the time because it makes me happy every time I do. My favorite image is where Washington's reading a newspaper as a British child is being eaten by a lion.)


Flocculus is a fun word to say. Also gyrus, meatus, putamen, and collosum. Meatus counts double because it sounds like a dirty sex act you'd find on urban dictionary.


Every day I wish I could control my dreams. I can never control what I dream about, but I can make myself NOT dream about something. Which is actually pretty useful. I'm going to try for the double negative tonight. "I'm not going to not dream about Marissa Miller." I'll let you know how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment