Sunday, May 17, 2009

Textsfromlastnight.com

I referenced fmylife.com a while back and we all basked in its glory. I found a different site that's similar in structure, but I found more hilarious. www.textsfromlastnight.com. Some examples:

(631): Everytime she opens her mouth it's like a fucking terrorist attack on my life.

(440): The ticket read "Found nude in a tree"

(860): yeah I know. she is a stupid fat trailer trash bitchwhore and I hate her
(860): but when she came up to me in the bar I had to be all like "OMG HEYYY how are you, I haven't seen you in foreverrrrr!!"
(860): but for the record, yeah, I hope she gets mauled by a bear and dies

(802): i can juggle bunnies
(1-802): cool
(802): on fire

(919): I just had to pull over at a starbucks to throw up in the bathroom. They really should not have let me be a lawyer.

That last one makes me laugh because I feel like when I drink and people know I'm a med student, they have higher standards for someone who's going to be a doctor in 3 years. That's just unfair. We're people too.


While researching for our wonderful Case Based Learning questions, I came across this, which is talking about the Posterior Parietal Cortex:

What it does

Nobody knows. Some of us care. When strokes blow holes in the right-side PPC the result is often neglect, a bizarre syndrome in which the patient seems unaware of the left side of space. Sometimes patients don't acknowledge their surroundings on that side, sometimes their own bodies seem alien to them. So it's been suggested that the PPC may have something to do with spatial processing. Other ideas include motor command generation, visuomotor transformation, multimodal integration, attention, consciousness ...

Those first two sentences told me this was a valuable resource. I think that's why my group doesn't ever get picked for "good examples". Also because I had 12 terrible puns about ballism on my slides.



So, a few weeks ago I had a dream about the homunculus. There was this Asian guy who was standing by this fence confused. Against the fence was laying the different parts of the body (in separate pieces) in the order of the homunculus. On the far left was the head, lips and tongue. All the fingers were separate and like 3 feet tall. And the rest of the body was laid out. I explained to the guy all about the homunculus and how it's mapped on your brain. In, like, a full medical explanation. I really need to stop studying in my sleep....


We had our 'Rusty Scalpel' BBQ at the manor tonight. It was delicious. And you know what? Even without one of my abducens, a detached optic chiasm, and missing parts of IX and X, it still tasted delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment