Friday, March 27, 2009

It's Everywhere!

You know how you have those weeks where you're a day behind? You could swear all day Thursday that it's Wednesday and then you don't know when the week ends? Yeah, that's a pretty poor excuse for this being a day late, but I did just wake up from a nap.


All the time when I drive now, I see medical abbreviations on license plates. "EDV-452" "PKU-118". Just yesterday I saw a car that had "ADA" on it's plate. I thought, "I sure hope that car doesn't have SCIDS..."


You know how our parents/grandparents aren't exactly good with technology? I don't exactly blame them because microwaves were invented in their lives, and the best thing they had was sliced bread. But I can't help but think some of the things they say are intentional. "Can this phone get the internets?" I feel like when I'm older I'm going to say stuff like that or use slang incorrectly just for fun. "That homework assignment is such a noob."


Can you imagine learning anatomy if all the stuff was in English? "Under the stern mother is the spider matter which covers the brain." Really? I couldn't even take that seriously. Last block was mostly correct with the flexors and brevis and whatnot, but sphenoid probably means something like butterfly. "Seriously? They named it the 'butterfly bone'?" I'm happy this is all thinly veiled Latin terminology.


Globoside: the glycolipid that's better than you, and he knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment