Sunday, March 29, 2009

What kind of a dream was that?

As I was sleeping today I had a dream that we were at some swim meet. I say 'we' because like half the class was there. Anyway, we kept all of our stuff in these lockers, and I kept forgetting the combination to mine. I couldn't think of the combination in my dream, but if I got distracted, I would open it. Anyway, we thought it would be a good idea to use a stethoscope to see if we can hear the lock click into place as we spun it. For some reason the very cartoonish nature of that idea didn't seem ridiculous to me. Well, it didn't work. After I woke up, I had to try it. I grabbed a lock and broke out my stethoscope. Yeah...it doesn't work in real life either.


Does anyone else get really giddy around exam time? I don't know if it's just the constant studying and stress, but everything seems hilarious to me. Around 1:30 in the morning the night before the Biochem exam I was looking around at the failblog (www.failblog.org) and laughing till I could barely breathe. The stuff wasn't even that funny. I try to enjoy the little moments during this year of torture.


Do you think the first time someone first cleaned out the skull he was like "Jackpot!" and just went to town naming stuff? There are like 900 parts between your skull and your brain. That's ridiculous. I did like the lecture where we all had skulls, though. It seemed like a rehearsal for Hamlet. (I was going to make a Bill Brasky joke here. For the two of you who would have gotten it, I'll drive an ice cream truck to school for the next skull lecture.)

*24 SPOILER ALERT* I can't believe Jack got exposed to the bioweapon... I think he'll be ok, but this might end up being he's 4th official death.


If I had to choose between invisibility and flight (and fast flying speed), I'd have to go with flight. I know I could be a great special ops guy with invisibility, but those guys are pretty much invisible anyway. And I'd feel like such a creep using my invisibility in most circumstances. I'm trying to think of a non-creepy use of invisibility, and all I can come up with is walking home through Over the Rhine without getting shot. Granted, that's extremely useful but I can just call a cab. But with flying I would never have to walk anywhere again. It'd be so much more practical on a day to day basis. And how cool would it be to battle with a bird? Every flight would be an epic event between me and my avian adversaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment