Saturday, January 10, 2009

Break and Back

So the first few days of break I definitely had a tough time calming down. Watching TV without also reading was kinda weird. However that feeling went away quickly, and I learned to embrace the boredom. Other things embraced: sleep, homemade food, and rum and cokes.

I dream a lot. Over break I had the 'slept through a final' dream. Which became ever more confusing when I woke up and realized I was far away form Cincinnati. There was no way I'd make it back in time. That was honestly my first thought when I shot awake and was sitting on the edge of the couch. The other night I had a dream that I was back in my 8th grade classroom except that it was filled with people from class. Everyone was laughing at me because I answered a question wrong in class. We don't even answer questions in class. We were then all in an airplane which crashed into a swamp. Eric Groh was flying it. He seemed more concerned about losing his job due to the crash rather than the fact that he just crashed a plane. Eric, seriously, you gotta get your priorities straight.

So now we're back into Gross, I'm appreciating the nomenclature. "Gastrosplenic ligament" There's no question about where that thing's going. "Peyer's Patches"? "Sandhoff Disease"? Guys, I'm happy you figured stuff out (Less for Dr. Peyer, you just saw some lymphoid tissue and thought everyone should know your name....) but naming something after yourself is a little bit much. At least Christmas Disease is named after the guy who first had it. Incidentally, I think Santa has the worst case of Christmas Disease of all time. Rivalled only by the epidemic in Whoville so many years ago.

The table next to mine in Gross Lab got a new body yesterday. They just opened the bag and a new guy was in there. I feel like they should have been warned. They'd known Candy 1 for months, and now she's gone. Not even an e-mail. Do you think that's how all the catterpillar's friends feel after he goes into the cacoon? "Dude, you could have at least warned us."

Have you seen the commercial for the Snuggie? Even beyond the fact that the idea is ludicrous, everyone in the commercial looks like they're in a cult. The commercial is on their site: https://www.getsnuggie.com/flare/next?tag=ED|SM|GO|TM|. If I saw some kid's parents at a soccer game wearing those, I'd be genuinely concerned. And God forbid the mom make Kool-Aid for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment