Wednesday, January 14, 2009

TCA and Energy Drinks

So I'm probably going to update on Sundays and Wednesday night or Thursday. I suppose that's better than the previous update schedule, "Whenever I damn well feel like it."

I often wonder about the makers of AMP Energy Drink. Do they have any idea what your body actually uses for energy?

So these 8am classes are killing me. I keep falling asleep in class like this is high school all over again. I did take a 3 hour nap when I got home. Aren't those the best? You know you're too tired to study, so you decide to lay down for a bit. 'A bit' turns in to an hour and then before you know it, it's 8pm. It just feels so good to keep sleeping. I have yet to take a nap where I couldn't have gone for another hour.

Only in medical terms is 'hormone' not a dirty word.

Does anyone else think "Dr. Montrose" is the most badass name for a doctor. "Hello, I'm Doctor Montrose." I would immediately trust him with my only child. Even if he was being followed around by a camera crew wearing "Dateline" shirts, his name just instills trust in me. Also, the donuts today were amazing. I like that kind of dedication and just a nice treat for the class. Too bad Dr. Giffin didn't get us fillet mignon when he mentioned that in class today.

So, in undergrad Biochem we went over the Citric Acid Cycle. We mostly called it the "Citric Acid Cycle" but occasionally it was referred to as the "TCA Cycle". And honestly, up until this year, I thought TCA stood for "The Citric Acid." Don't laugh at me....

No comments:

Post a Comment