Sunday, January 18, 2009

Formal was SWEET!

Formal was a great time yesterday. The Phoenix is really nice and the room was just the right size. I had random flashbacks to Prom, but that's not completely a bad thing. Anyone else go to Taco Bell afterwards? That's never a good idea looking back... We gotta push for a Homecoming dance in the fall next year.

I wonder if I'm actually a better dancer after I've been drinking. I know I think I am, but that's probably just the 12 jello shots talking. A little bit of alcohol does have good effects. Darts and beer pong are much easier after a few drinks. After a few more, however, my skills decrease drastically, but there is some benefit. I think I am a better dancer when I'm drunk. Or at least everyone else's standards go down enough when we've been drinking, so I seem more acceptable. I hope Giffin gives an entire lecture on this in Brain and Behavior. That's the fun stuff we learn in med school. I love telling my friends random cool facts. "Your kidneys can make blood if your body really need them to." "That feeling when your thigh gets stroked is from the cremaster muscle." "If you sat naked in a room at 60 degrees, your core body temperature wouldn't change. I think you have to cover up your junk with a magazine for that to work though..."

You know how sometimes you see something really funny, but it's ridiculously nerdy, so you have nobody to tell. http://xkcd.com/18/. Also, ask me about the 'Gold' joke sometime. It'll make no sense if I type it, so I won't try.

We were in Gross Lab the other day finishing up some stuff and during the 45 minutes I was in there I broke 4 gloves. Jodi advised me not to have sex that night.
GIRL: Why are you wearing 7 condoms?
ME: It's a long story...just trust me.

Our running joke during dissection whenever we touch the spleen is that we can feel the Cords of Billroth. Also, did you see him in lecture? He's the most badass doctor I've ever seen. This is from his Wiki page:
"He was directly responsible for a number of landmarks in surgery, including the first esophagectomy (1871), the first laryngectomy (1873), and most famously, the first successful gastrectomy (1881) for gastric cancer, after many ill-fated attempts. Legend has it that Billroth was nearly stoned to death in the streets of Vienna when his first gastrectomy patient died after the procedure."
HE SURVIVED A STONING! Are you kidding me? I don't care that is says "legend has it". The legend probably was down playing it. Later that week he probably killed a T-Rex with his bare hands to stop it from attacking an orphanage.

Seriously, who named the cardiac glands? That's like one of those trick questions. "How many years did the Hundred Years War last?" "Uhhh, 100?" "WRONG! It's actually 116!" Seriously guys, are you trying to make this confusing?

There was this little girl in Church today that escaped from her mom and was running down the center aisle. That happens from time to time and is usually funny, but this was even funnier because the mom's shoes were super echoey. There was no sneaking after her daughter, every step screamed "LOOK OVER HERE!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment