Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Living in Gotham

I was trying to decide today whether or not I would live in Gotham City. On the one hand, you're in constant danger of being frozen, drugged to insanity, blown up, shot, or put in a ridiculously complex trap for the entertainment of someone who escaped from Arkham Asylum. But on the other hand you have two factors that totally override the constant threat of death: 1) You might see Batman. That's like every kid's dream, and there's a chance you actually get to live it. Honestly, if the Batmobile flew by me on the road, I'd be so happy, I wouldn't even mind Mr. Freeze making some horrible pun after he killed me. 2) You would be the most popular guy whenever you traveled. Imagine sitting in a group and all of a sudden you found out one of the guys was from Gotham. I'd have a ridiculous amount of questions, the first of which would be, "Have you ever seen Batman?" And if I was ever part of some evil plot by the Joker where the entire town was turned into a carnival, people would be buying me drinks all night. Living in Gotham would give anyone instant popularity and a lifetime of stories. And these aren't your grandpa's stories about having to pump water from a well, these are stories that start with, "This one time The Riddler lit my roof on fire to spell out of burning message to Batman."


Does anyone else use Google mostly as a spell checker? I do this all the time. And I read that doing two Google searches uses the equivalent energy as boiling a pot of water. That makes me feel bad when I have to look up the spelling of 'Arkham', but I can't think of a better way.


So you know how high school was so hard after grade school? And then college was so much harder than high school? And now we have med school. Why do we keep doing this to ourselves? Honestly, if I tried to pick the hardest things I could possibly do, they would be Quantum Physics researcher, Medical School, and not looking ridiculously white while dancing.


We need to turn the old R&R rooms into nap rooms. The couches in the study areas aren't particularly comfortable to sleep on, and I might as well get decent sleep if I'm going to sleep. Our class gift should be buying a bunch of comfy couches for those rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment